Our line of work on archaeological excavations will not end once the excavations are completed. The field documentation is recorded and digitized in a relational database. The information is provided to the client in accordance with local laws and uploaded to GIS, ArchaeoCAD, AutoCAD systems.
We help our partners with many services to keep the found material in a worthy condition. We consider it important that the archaeological results and discoveries are presented to both the profession and the general public at a high level and in a spectacular way.
Restoration and Conservation Laboratory
Our professional conservators have the specific qualifications, skills and high degree of experience.
Their expertise is acknowledged internationally. In order to provide a high quality service for our customers, our conservation laboratory has a specialised, modern equipment and facilities.
600 control unite
with motor handpiece
Zeiss CL 1500
ultrasonic scaling system
Services of the Restoration and Conservation Laboratory
Our special field is preservation, conservation, restoration and documentation of
- Mechanical and chemical cleaning, conservation and restoration of siliceous objects (sorting, reassembling, filling, retouching)
- Conservation of archaeological and modern metal objects, their non-destructive analysis: X-ray, XRF (Innov-X Delta). Gentle cleaning of metal objects with laser cleaner (EOS 1000 LQS). Technological analysis
- In situ preservation, cleaning, conservation and restoration of archaeological textile and leather objects. Analysis and identification of archaeological organic fibres. Cleaning and restoration of folk art textile and leather objects.
- Restoration and conservation of archaeological bone and keratinous objects.
- Conservation of archaeological wood, restoration of ethnographic objects and furniture.
- Cleaning of human and animal bones, and archaeobotanical finds.
- Documentation of conserved/restored finds: artefact photography, drawing, 3D scanning, digital reconstruction
- Packing of art objects